Monday, April 22, 2019

Photo Assignment 1 - People

For Digital Photography, we have weekly assignments that are due on Mondays, and have to choose from a set of themes for each assignment. This week, I chose to take pictures of people as my theme.


Aperture - f/ 3.5
Shutter speed - 1/40
ISO 800

This is a photo of my grandmother that I turned in for the assignment. She is placed following the rule of thirds, and the image shows her in a natural position.

Here are some other photos within the theme.







From this assignment, I learned more about what looks good - and what doesn't - in human portraits. I learned more about angling and lighting for the pictures as well. I learned that it's better to get a shot that is more up close, and that I need to work on shots that capture personality. I also learned about the feature of pushing the button on the camera down part way to set in the focus of the image. Over all, the assignment was worthwhile as a learning experience. This was the first one of the trimester, and I know things can only get better from here.

5 comments:

  1. Many instances of good framing and rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your first photo you did a really nice job of placing your subject on a thirds line and making sure there weren't any distractions in the background. One thing I might have changed would be the angle/perspective the photo is taken from. Your subject is looking up and I think it might have been easier on the viewers eye if the photo was taken straight on. Overall, the composition is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you used the rule of thirds to make the image look balanced. Also, I like how the chair frames the subject. The only thing is that it seems a little bit blurry. Overall, your picture is really nice and it captures the personality of the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first photo's lighting was really well done; I appreciated how you used natural light from a window (I assume) to highlight your grandma's face, while the rest of the room was darker. It really made her stand out. That picture was a very good use of the rule of thirds as well, making the photo artsy and balanced. The only thing I would suggest is the background behind the chair with the bright spot in the right top corner kind of distracts from your subject, perhaps you could have cropped the picture or shot from a different angle so it is just the chair in the background. Overall great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you used rule of thirds to make it look balanced I also like how the light was balanced and overall it was a well balanced photo.

    ReplyDelete